After a slew of calls to investigate the matter, British Immigration Minister Robert Jenrick announced to members of Parliament on Tuesday that hundreds of child asylum seekers have gone missing since the British government started housing them in hotels, according to CNN.
“Out of the 4,600 unaccompanied children that have been accommodated in hotels since July 2021, there have been 440 missing occurrences and 200 children still remain missing,” Jenrick said.
Out of the 200, 13 are under the age of 16, and one is female. The majority of the ones missing (88%) are Albanian, and the remaining 12% are either from Egypt, Afghanistan, India, Vietnam, Turkey, or Pakistan.
Read more at Newsmax© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.